Tuesday 1 April 2008

Art in a Carton


This is the carton I received from Jill. It was decorated really simply but effectively and the contents inside were just gorgeous. There was an Art doll (I think they're called), a butterfly ATC and a beautiful small square quiltie. You can see a lot of thought went into this and I really loved receiving it - Thank you Jill!

Well, I've completed my 3 cartons and have made the gifts to put inside and now they're all ready to be packaged and posted. Only thing I'm left with one carton that I don't know who to send to. If anyone's interested in taking part in this ongoing art sharing project then you can get further details from Susan J Letham's site
www.art-in-a-carton.blogspot.com


Here are my 3 cartons ready to be packaged and posted. Each carton contains a handmade book, an ATC and a ceramic hand with an incense cone. All items are made by me except for the incense cone.

These are just close up of each carton and their contents. The cartons look plain black, but I've actually painted them with balck gesso and them stamped them using the Brilliance range of inks, which have an irridescent quality about them and show up more when light is thrown upon it.


















No comments: